Termite Technician (Entry Level)
Termite technicians must be comfortable with physical work, such as trenching and rodding and drilling concrete. The employee must also be OK with going into tight crawlspaces. Termite technicians should have a good understanding of building structures and foundations.
- Inspect Environment and determine the key challenges to develop a plan of action to ensure the termite treatment is effective for the client.
- Design and carry out pest management in accordance with existing laws, regulations, and company policy.
- Record accurately the detail and measurements of the service provided.
- Application of Pesticides, Baits, and non-chemical products.
- Work directly with customers, office representatives and management.
Qualities of a Professional Field Technician:
Termite technicians are representing the company and its co-workers while conducting the service at a client's location. The Termite Representative must conduct themselves professionally at all times. Empathy for the client is the responsibility of the Field Representative. Clients are at times in distress by the pest infestation. They have contacted A1 Able Pest Doctors, and you as a representative, to eliminate the infestation while respecting their property, situational dynamics, financial situations, time restrictions, and numerous outside challenges. A good representative will work with all the challenges above with the client to ensure they are meeting not only the service requirements but the expectations of the client.
- Skills and Abilities:
- (ATTENTION TO DETAIL): Termite technicians must pay careful attention to details. Detail in inspection, identification, observation, application, documentation.
- Math Skills and Measurements are a strong trait/quality in pest control. Measurement and calculations are a requirement of the position. In addition to billing and payment.
- Physical Abilities: Termite technicians need both physical strength and stamina. Heavy personal protective gear may be required at times. Environments can also mandate entering into cramped spaces, attics, frequent walking, climbing, kneeling, stooping, crawling, ladders and heights. Termite technicians work in high heat levels in the Summer Season and cold temperatures in the Winter.
- Reasoning Skills: Determination of treatment methods, tools-equipment, protection equipment, material usage to ensure pest elimination while protecting the environment in every different situation is a requirement. Termite technicians must also evaluate benefits against potential costs and hazards.
- Driving Skills and Record: Termite Technicians drive from client to client, often in a truck bearing special equipment and chemicals. At times this might be during challenging weather conditions. Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record. Applicants will be required to provide a 5 year driving record.
- Education and Experience & Attributes:
- High School Education or (GED)
- Route experience
- Strong 2 year work history
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Neat Appearance
Applicants and employees are required to attend company training and ride along training. No outside experience in Pest Control is required. A1 Able Pest Doctors will provide all training, education and licensing.
We emphasis that one of the best parts about being a "family member" of A1 Able Pest Doctors is that we all like to serve. Serve our Community, co-workers, friends, and family to make their lives and ours better. We value our employees, their families and what they individually bring to the company. We are only as good as the people who make this company. We also provide:
- Education and all mandated training
- Licensing and Re-certifications
- Extended training and great potential for growth within the pest control industry
- Promotion from within
- Attractive wage compensation
- Medical and Life Insurance
- All tools, uniforms, vehicle, cell phone, i-pads, literature, vehicles that will be required for you to succeed!